NOW HIRING A PROGRAM ASSOCIATE
ABOUT CDR ASSOCIATES:
We are a collaboration and communications consulting firm in Boulder, Colorado. We’re facilitators. We help governments and communities make decisions on large, complex public projects. We provide facilitation, stakeholder engagement, communications, and dispute resolution services on transportation/mobility, public lands management, and water projects. Our role, as facilitators, is to represent all interests or all stakeholders and advocate for a collaborative process, rather than a specific outcome.
Our projects range from short term, which may be single day retreats we facilitate, to multi-year design or infrastructure projects. Our partners are often architecture and engineering design firms. Our clients are often local jurisdictions, Colorado state departments, and federal agencies.
We’re looking for an entry-level Program Associate to join our team. Our team of 7 full-time staff is a great match for professionals seeking values-based work, opportunities for growth, and a workplace culture that values individual perspectives and self-empowerment. There’s flexibility in where you work – sometimes you work from home, sometimes in the office in Boulder, sometimes in client’s offices, and other times wherever you like to hang your hat.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As a Program Associate, you will support a range of stakeholder engagement, communications, problem solving, and conflict resolution projects. You will work on projects in the transportation, water, and public lands management fields in Colorado as well as in the regional West. Reliable personal transportation is required; as consultants we’re frequently traveling to meet clients and partners.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Administrative and Organizational Support
- Manage organization email and phone accounts
- Schedule and run organizational functions/internal meetings
- Lead ad hoc special projects internally to support strategic growth
- Marketing and Communications
- Support marketing efforts (e.g. develop presentations and outreach materials)
- Coordinate proposals and graphic design
- Project Support
- Manage meeting logistics and technology
- Write, edit, and/or proofread project reports and meeting summaries
- Develop meeting materials
- Co-facilitate meetings and small group break-outs
- Coordinate with clients
You have a master’s degree and one year of experience, or a bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience, along with an interest in multi-modal transportation, community and regional planning, natural resource management, and/or environmental public policy issues. Fluency in Spanish is highly desirable but not required. We are looking for someone who is comfortable managing projects virtually. Adobe Creative Suite experience, particularly with InDesign and Illustrator, is strongly preferred. You are:
- RESULTS-ORIENTED: You are able to prioritize and multi-task to achieve great results. You value quality work, are able to manage short turnarounds, and can stay on time and on budget.
- ORGANIZED AND DETAILED: You manage your projects and information in an organized way to ensure nothing slips through the cracks, and you pay close attention to detail.
- CREATIVE AND FLEXIBLE: You can clearly and graphically communicate complex information in a creative way and are able to adapt to changing conditions easily.
- COMFORTABLE WORKING IN A STRUCTURED AS WELL AS AN UNPREDICTABLE ENVIRONMENT: You produce quality work independently and as a team. You take initiative and contribute to team dynamics by offering new ideas and creative solutions to unexpected or surprising challenges.
- SELF-STARTER: You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are interested in future growth opportunities.
CDR offers a benefits package to employees including health insurance and paid vacation. Compensation will be determined based on the experience of the selected candidate but is expected to fall into the $50,000 – $60,000 a year range, plus bonuses, with opportunities to advance.
Send us (1) a one-page resume, (2) a tweet that describes what energizes you, and (3) a graphic you develop describing something important to you, by February 13, 2023. Please do not send any cover letters.
We’ll be reviewing and engaging with applicants on a rolling basis. Correspondence can be sent to email@example.com. Please write “CDR 2023 Program Associate Application_[First Name] [Last Name] in the subject line of the email.
Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.