CDR has nearly 40 years of training experience – We provide high quality facilitation, mediation and capacity building training around the world to help participants effectively resolve a wide range of disputes.
CDR’s trainers include some of the foremost practitioners in the field of conflict resolution – Our instructors have successfully resolved environmental, public policy, ethnic, family, employment, discrimination, labor-management, community and international disputes. Trainers use their personal experience in the field to demonstrate techniques and concepts.
Highly interactive programs – Our three day advanced program blends presentations, group discussion, conflict analysis and strategy design exercises and simulations into a highly engaging learning environment. We create a space for participants to learn from each other and develop personalized tools that can be applied immediately.
Multiple opportunities to practice new skills – Our three day advanced program includes simulations in which participants practice facilitation and mediation skills. This combination of direct engagement as both a facilitator and participant in the role plays provides a powerful learning experience.
One-on-one coaching – We provide one-on-one feedback and advice on participants’ facilitation skills and how to apply them.
What Can I Expect to Learn?
- Learn to analyze the complexities and dynamics of multi-party conflicts
- Learn how different parties — government agency staff, private sector leaders, advocacy groups, and citizens — engage in conflict, and how you can work more effectively with each
- Learn how to conduct situation assessments, both a “back-of-the-envelope” approach and an in-depth process to examine conflicts and design more effective resolution strategies
- Develop the capacity to design and implement effective and inclusive collaborative processes
- Develop and apply Interest Based Negotiation (IBN) skills
- Improve facilitation and mediation skills through in simulated public conflicts with one-on-one coaching
- Learn to respond creatively to parties’ strong emotions – anger, fear, frustration, hopelessness
For more information: Course Description