Position Announcement: Program Associate
CDR Associates is a collaborative problem solving organization, based in Boulder, Colorado with almost 40 years of experience. Our goal is to make complex projects simpler, find solutions to conflict, and bring diverse groups together to make better decisions. We work in a variety of arenas including transportation and energy projects when federal, state and local authority compete, in the public health arena where stakeholders have diverse needs, and in the water arena where water is scarce or in need of coordinated management. We provide facilitation, stakeholder engagement, conflict management, and training – and support all these services with our commitment to and expertise in collaboration. The binding element of our work is the pursuit of improved public planning and development outcomes by bringing diverse and sometimes conflicting perspectives together.
We’re looking for a Program Associate to join our team – someone who has good communication and organizational skills and is hardworking, reliable, creative, willing to question convention, and able to multi-task in a small, entrepreneurial organization.
As a junior member of our team, you’ll be assisting with the design and implementation of our services, assist with organizational and office needs, and lead communication with stakeholders.
Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree (preferred)
- A year or more of experience in a related field of work is a plus
- Specialized skills such as communications, public relations, and graphic design are a plus
- Experience in project management, facilitation, training, program evaluation, and/or process design
- Excellent writing and communication skills a must
- Ability to manage flexible work schedule, including early mornings, some evenings, and weekend work
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient in basic computer use including managing data, reporting, Microsoft Office and designing basic outreach materials; advanced spreadsheet and data analysis are a plus
- Ability to provide your own transportation to meetings and events outside the Greater Denver area.
- Desire to develop conflict management, stakeholder engagement, and facilitation skills and to grow within the organization
The program associate may do any or all of the following:
- Serve as a junior member of facilitation, mediation, and training teams. This may include providing flip-chart recording,note-taking, writing meeting summaries, handling logistical tasks, assisting with project management, and/or conducting preparatory interviews.
- Prepare senior staff for meetings/facilitations.
- Assist with proposals and respond to information requests from prospective clients.
- Support the development and revision of training materials including: training offerings, curricula, and training evaluation.
- Assure the maintenance and organization of relevant project materials and records as needed for planning, evaluation, and monitoring.
- Maintain client database and outreach plan to ensure organized project and partner communication.
- Research issues and substantive information related to CDR projects, on request from other program staff.
- Prioritize and organize assigned work to ensure projects are completed on time and in scope.
- Assist with the management of website content, newsletter and other social media.
- General office administration and organization, including office supply inventory and purchasing.
Send us a (1) Resume, (2) Cover Letter and (3) Writing Sample by August 15, 2018. We’ll be reviewing and engaging with applicants on a rolling basis. Correspondence can be send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “CDR Project Associate 2018 Application_[First Name] [Last Name]” in the subject line of the email.