At the heart of our work are the communities impacted by decisions: we pride ourselves in our strategic and people-oriented approach to problem-solving.
For over 40 years CDR Associates has provided services in community engagement, conflict resolution, workshop facilitation, and capacity- and skills-building. A nonprofit organization based in Colorado, CDR brings deep process knowledge in the areas of land use, water resources, climate change, and transportation planning. Our expertise includes:
- Inclusive outreach to facilitate a process that engages all stakeholder groups, especially the communities most vulnerable, disadvantaged, and impacted by decisions.
- Virtual engagement to create meaningful opportunities for progressing through complex projects. Our toolkit works to replicate in-person brainstorming, discussion, and creativity.
- Interest-based problem solving to move groups from positions to win-win solutions. Grounded in CDR’s conflict resolution background, our approach maximizes benefits for all stakeholders.
- Fact-based and stakeholder-informed decision making to ensure that the final outcome is sustainable. We work to build community buy-in, grounded in facts and science, for decisions acceptable to all parties involved.
In addition to providing a range of process-oriented services, CDR offers logistical and administrative support, including the development of meeting materials and invites, stakeholder lists, communication plans, project management, and documentation.
- COLLABORATION: We lead with collaboration in every aspect of our work. The CDR approach to collaboration goes beyond mere cooperation: we build consensus, foster relationships, and identify goals that benefit everybody. We encourage clients, partners, and communities to communicate honestly and co-create a process that works for everyone involved.
- INTEGRITY: We advocate for equitable, fair, and transparent processes. Our team meets people where they are—where they live, work, and play—to bring a variety of perspectives to the table and amplify voices that historically have been excluded. We make sure that the people affected by the process are the ones at the table, that decision-makers have access to technical expertise to make informed decisions, and that everyone involved is committed to finding a way that works.
- RESILIENCE: We steward innovative strategies to solve our communities’ and planet’s most pressing challenges. Our team works to mitigate human impact on public lands, meet local and regional mobility needs, and nurture our watersheds and the communities that rely on them. We proactively support those who are responding to the challenges of a changing climate and prepare our region to withstand uncertainties.
- EXCELLENCE: We prioritize durable solutions and action-oriented guidance. By communicating expectations, establishing parameters, and creating metrics, we deliver high-quality plans that can actually be implemented. We deliver long-lasting solutions to shared problems. That’s why we consistently earn the trust of the clients, partners, and communities we work with.
To learn more, please email us.